On behalf of the Guesthouse Shelter board of directors, I wish to announce our reluctant acceptance of a letter of resignation from Guesthouse CEO Robert Sykes, effective July 1, 2017. Steps are in place for Robert to effectively transition out of his CEO role. A big part of that process will most certainly involve appropriate expressions of gratitude to Robert for his superb leadership through so much of our development.
Bob Bruer Board President - Guesthouse Shelter
Leaving the light on in North Simcoe
APPLICATIONS REQUESTED FOR THE POSITION OF
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
The Guesthouse Shelter (TGHS) is a not-for-profit registered charity dedicated to providing food, shelter and, in partnership with community agencies, support to those who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. It is committed to raising awareness and nurturing understanding of fundamental human rights to food and shelter.
TGHS, governed by a volunteer Board of Directors has developed to an organization with over 200 active Volunteers who provide services and support to our Guests. Our volunteers are, in turn, supported by a core staff. The year-round facility provides services to women, men, youth and families. Financial support is provided by individual and business donations, grants from philanthropic organizations and funding from various levels of government.
The Chief Executive Officer provides leadership, vision, strategy and business excellence to the Guesthouse Shelter.
Reporting to the TGHS Board of Directors, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and executing the organization’s vision, goals, strategies and initiatives, while building on the strengths of TGHS volunteers and staff.
This CEO opportunity will be an excellent fit for a Senior Executive who has a proven record of leadership and experience in accomplishing organizational goals and growth.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Lead the visioning and strategic management of the organization.
- Provide expert advice to the Board of Directors.
- Identify opportunities for revenue growth, efficiencies, promotions, partnerships and innovations.
- Manage human, financial and physical resources to ensure compliance with legislation and regulations.
- Oversee budgeting process.
- Ensure operational best practices and the ongoing fiscal health of TGHS.
- Lead staff and volunteers in providing excellent services to our Guests.
- Liaise and maintain positive relationships with volunteers, guests, the community, governments and stakeholders.
- Support and participate in fundraising events.
- Champion a culture of collaboration, community and philanthropy.
- Degree in administration or a social service field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five to eight years in a non-profit organization with at least 2 years in a senior leadership role.
Successful track record in the development and execution of fundraising programs.
- Experience in the creation and execution of strategic and operational plans.
- Financial management experience.
- Experience working with volunteers and within a non-profit Board structure.
- Experience managing and leading staff in an autonomous environment.
- Knowledge of project management and its technologies.
- Background in the management of media and public relations issues.
- Possess both Strategic vision and tactical skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management capabilities.
- Strong communicator, both written and oral.
- Bilingual (French/English) with demonstrated sensitivity to First Nations culture/challenges would be assets.-
- Experience in advocacy for the marginalized.
- Ability to commit to and engage in the Vision and goals of TGHS.
For more information about the GuestHouse go to our website: www.theguesthouseshelter.ca
If you are interested in this position, please forward a cover letter and current resume for consideration to:
President, Board of Directors
The Guesthouse Shelter
While we would prefer to respond to all applicants, only those who are invited to an interview will be contacted.
Closing date for Applications: May 26, 2017